Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Oconomowoc (2)

    re: tgellos comment.  Go ahead and make my head spin.  That's a people feature I haven't really explored since Sean and Dan were much younger. 
   We had a bit of confusion this morning.  We thought we had lost our blue binder with all of our traveling addresses and telephone numbers.  Record of miles driven and gas used.  Where we've stayed each night.  In short all of the trivia we use to occupy our time when the road gets boring.  dw thought we had left it with friends in Friendship (Mary W. and Rita D.) so dw sent three emails in about as many minutes.  A few minutes later I found it -- it was in the WRONG PLACE in the car!  We don't like challenges like that.  Looking back (it's 11 pm) I guess the day was more exciting than I originally thought.  DA 
   Mary wasn't too thrilled either, I'm sure, with the q60second emails as her Blackberry belts out "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin and prominent in the movie "The Sting" with every received email.  It's a way to get someone's attention, though - consecutive emails.  Our ISP changed at 6;37pm CDST and the email addresses seem to have disappeared and who knows what other malfunctioning may be happening.  The last time they  tried to "update" it was such a mess, they abandoned it and returned to the old system.  Reminds me of work - McKesson, no McKesson. 
     My dad is doing well.  Several more days of family and the Milwaukee Art Museum (MAM) on Sat. and then we are heading north over Lake Michigan into Canada and east to Vermont.  I think we will stop at the Kohler Art Museum again so I can visit the Ladies Restroom with camera in hand.  Maybe that should be a travel theme - "Restrooms I Have Seen".  The central Wis. bookstore that has a million books, is hard to find and they may not be home - was indeed closed.  Spoke with the owner on the phone this morning and she informed me they are only open June, July and August, said "goodbye" and hung up.  Sorry I'm missing it.
Later, dw

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of the "near missed" folder...I have a feeling it was a little tense for a few desperate moments.....remember (DW) when after repairing a flat tire (East Yellowstone) not 50 yds. after there was another flublub flublub?!
    Just the heavens trying your patience......
    The question is...."what do we learn from these moments"? I say nada!
    Hi to your Dad and Aunt B. TG

    ReplyDelete