Friday, September 17, 2010

Oconomowoc redux

   Yesterday we drove back to Madison to socialize with Steve W. and Kay D.  A very pleasant afternoon and evening.  Among other things we watched Steven Colbert's Christmas special.  The evening was interesting and fun for we who were involved but for others, not so much.  We spent the night and after a walk (short for dw and I, much longer for Steve .) and a tasty breakfast we returned to Oconomowoc. 
   Dennis S. came over and we all went to Pauline's for a Friday night fish fry.  I did not know this, but it seems that Wisconsin-wide (perhaps even midwest wide -- with, of course, a Wisconsin locus)  having a fish dinner on Friday is just what is done.  I think it's a Catholic thing, even though there are a lot more Lutherans, Methodists, etc. in this region than Catholics -- probably the fish thing sort of oozed out of the Catholics and into the other religions.  If Jews and Moslims also do the Friday Fish Feast it would prove that I'm right. 
   The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent socializing -- again of limited interest to others. 
   I got an email from Bob D. telling me that a college friend of our's had an alarming and perhaps serious medical event.  More and more people of my age are having physical problems.  I don't like it.  DA
   Incidently, the mysterious P. D. James was "Innocent Blood"

No comments:

Post a Comment