Sunday, September 12, 2010

We're here.... Friendship, WI

Arrived 7;30pm last night in Friendship, WI at my friends house for a weekend stay and then we will head to my dad's.  Yesterday was the fabulous Spam Museum - a destination museum for sure.  Two hours of entertainment including the Monty Python Spam skit and a simulation of a game show - Spam Exam.  Dennis and I tied on the show - me coming from behind to make the tie.  The reward - Spamburgers at a nearby restaurant.  Yum.  Seriously, they weren't bad except for the salt load and today I'm a bit puffy - but that's the travel experience.
Factoids:  2406 miles so far.  Average 46.11 mpg (love that Honda Civic!).  52.18 gallons of gas.  $150 for gas.  Subway meals - 3.  Italian meal - 1.  Pulled pork sandwich at roadside grill - 1.  Grazing for meals - 14.
Cloudy days 2, thunderstorm 1, sun 3.  Fauna: One dead turtle (I thought I'd missed it).  Ooops.  Three live osprey in a nest, up close and personal with one buffalo (excuse me, bison), eagle - 1, hundreds of prairie dogs,  a few wild turkeys and a rabbit running away from the house when we arrived.  Flora: pine trees, prairies, more prairies and then a few rolling hills. 
Gotta go - dw 

1 comment:

  1. Love the stats....it's possible to do it with reasonable means.....Say hello to Mary and your Fam

    ReplyDelete