Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Drearily Marches On

   I'm usually not bothered by the weather, but this month has gotten to be a bit much.  According to the weatherman we're on the way to having a month with rain every day but one.  I need some sunshine for a few pictures (of a couple of trees and bridges)  I plan to take but there's no particular hurry with the subjects.  It's not like they're going away or anything.  I'm walking and riding my bike -- it's just necessary to dress for the weather and I have all the needed clothing -- so the rain and gloom isn't actually affecting what I'm doing -- But it's TIME FOR A COUPLE DAYS OF SUNSHINE --
   I finished a painting today.  It turned out OK -- better than I thought it would.  It's for a window in a cabinet door that will be exposed to sunshine so I didn't give it a great amount of thought or effort --  but I don't want some dreck hanging around claiming to be my work. 
   I'm still going to the gym (with Bob D.)  three times a week, and a couple times a week I also do some weights here at home.  With that exercise, the cycling and walking, I'm beginning to get back into decent shape -- and about time -- I only now feel like I'm getting back to normal, physically.
   dw and I are planning some sort of small trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary .  It's amazing, it doesn't seem nearly that long.  About the only time it really registers is when I look at early-days pictures.  Good Lord! I was slim, trim and fresh faced  -- it's no wonder the dw babe went for me   :-)  .  Where we're going hasn't been decided but we'll doubtless head for some sunshine. 
   Reading wise:  I started "Boone's Lick" (Larry McMurtry) and after two-thirds or so I skipped to the end. The book was fine but I wasn't in the mood for it.  Now I'm reading "The Best American Science Writing" -- a collection of twenty essays.  The ones I've read have been interesting -- and if one is dull, I just move on to the next.  Reading light.  DA

  

No comments:

Post a Comment