Saturday, April 2, 2011

Facebook

    I'm inching my way into the 21st century.  I have a cell phone, and I opened a Facebook page.  I'm considering Twitter.  I'm also sympathetic to the position of my friend Bob D. who refuses any of the above (except for the cell phone) because he fears that if he starts he'll spend all day tweeting and blogging.  Now that I have the Facebook page I think I should do something with it -- get more friends, post comments, post pictures and comment on comments -- and keep up with this blog. -- whew! connecting is a lot of work!  Particularly for someone who's basically asocial.  Everyone else has hundreds of friends and I have six.  My next step will be to get seven friends, then I'll stop and see how it's working out. 
   Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment.  It was primarily just a physical  (the internal medicine guy insists on that silliness before he'll renew my gout prescription -- He might  know me too well)  I don't have the lab work back yet but it'll probably be fine.  Nothing stood out during the hands on part of the event.  I rode my bike to the dr.'s office.  About 20 blocks from the office I had a flat tire.  A loud pop, and the tire came partly off the rim.  (I suspect the guy who fixed the rim the other day didn't re-mount the tire properly)
Anyway I didn't have time to fix the tire, so I walked the last 20 blocks.  I wasn't wearing my knee brace and the walk got pretty uncomfortable, and I had some words to say (mostly to myself) about the the world and the bicycle guy .  I was generally quiet with my comments (I didn't want to frighten the horses or the women and children) but I must say I was emphatic.
   This evening dw and I watched "Midnight Run"  from the library.  A fun movie (Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin)  25 years old (smoking on an airplane).  And I just finished reading "Operation Mincemeat" by Ben Macintyre -- It's about a WWII allied spy operation designed to fool the Germans prior to the invasion of Sicily (it worked).  There was a previous book (The Man Who Never Was) as well as a movie but this book is more complete.  An interesting read.    DA

No comments:

Post a Comment