Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How Does Our Garden Grow

   I finally got all the crops planted Sunday.  Peas and corn.  Three large flower pots worth.  I'm really not, and never have been, interested in gardening.  We had three pots with nothing in them, so I planted the snow peas and corn.  The peas are a climbing variety and, along with the corn, are supposed to provide afternoon shade (the pots are all elevated).  Edible veggies will be a bonus.  In fact, if the crops grow well  I'll apply for a corn subsidy. 
   In other news there isn't much.  I mowed the lawn.  I haven't been in touch with family or friends (aside from the gym).  I signed up for Facebook but haven't yet explored it's possibilities for quick and easy communication.   My leg strain (sprain?) is improving but I'm not riding the bike yet (my theory is that the bike caused the problem).  And that's about all. 
   The pic is the tile bench that I just finished.  The legs are from an old laundry tub, and the top is a couple of reinforced pieces of cement board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment