Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fallen Man

   Or to be more accurate, The Dropped Guy (see 4/27).  At the gym this morning I got the details of his injuries.  One of his heels was broken in three places, and three of his vertebrae are compressed or cracked.  He almost certainly will need some screws in his heel and he might need surgery and screws for his back.  The good news is he has no neurological damage.  John G. (anatomist & -- non-practicing -- doctor) one of my climbing partners said the heel is potentially very serious with possible circulation problems and even foot loss -- depending on the location of the breaks.  I doubt that the guy is a happy camper right now. 
   Otherwise an uneventful day with almost perfect weather.  -- And about time, I 'd say. --  After the gym, I worked some more on the mosaic bench I'm making.  I should finish it tomorrow, and then later in the week decide where to put it.  It isn't like we need any more furniture, even a piece that weights 150 pounds.  DA

No comments:

Post a Comment