Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

    A quiet day.  Had some family over -- good meal (If I do say so myself) -- talked -- looked at our trip pictures (dw has done a very good job of sorting, arranging and labeling the pics -- she didn't do a chronological  arrangement but more of sorting by subject -- A LOT of work)  and that's about it. 
   Otherwise not much has been happening.  I've raked the leaves a couple of times (including the street) -- and taken pictures -- to avoid Portland's absurd new leaf tax which seems to have been suspended anyway.  Another attempt by the city council to earn a 100% disapproval rating. 
   I didn't blog last Sunday because I had even less to say than I have today.  The upcoming Sunday is looking bleak blog-wise.  Perhaps I should make stuff up -- that seems to be the contemporary non-fiction way anyway.  DA
     Now I had a FABULOUS day after breakfast in bed, a pedicure, spa  bath, hair and makeup revamp, nip and tuck here and there -oh, no, wait, that was my dream last night.  Instead I'm making up for the quiet day by giving my body some metabolizing work as I consume piece after piece of apple pie and platefuls of SPAM MACARONI salad.  You didn't think we would visit the Spam Museum and then forget the spam?  Made it myself based on an old family recipe - boiled macaroni, can of spam, and peas married with an olive oil based mayonnaise (an Italian mayo, as it were).  Tossed in leftover chopped onions and celery and added pepper only (because there is enough salt in the Spam to salinize the ocean) and called it good.  Delish, of course.  I agree that perhaps it's time to be more CREATIVE here in the blog.  Will get back to you on that.  dw

No comments:

Post a Comment