Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Waiting Didn't Help Much

Another week with a dirth of excitement.  I finally got my bike back together so I'll start riding again.  I took it in for a new tire a week or so ago, and was told it really needed a tune-up.  At a cost of $100 I decided to do it myself.   So, it's done. 
   I'm still working on the steel sculpture, I'm still optimistic re: the eventual result.
   I've gone walking a few times.  Although it seems very "not green" to drive to an exercise place, I've been driving up Germantown road to the Wildwood trailhead.  Lotsa foliage, steep canyons (the trail maintains elevation when crossing them) small streams.  Nothing spectacular but a very nice deep-woods feel to the trails.  The trail is a welcome change from walking around the neighborhood.
   Dw may have an entry later in the week.  She took a couple of days of r&r -- went to Hood River and is lolling about with a view of the river and a bunch of knitting and other projects to do. 
   And finally, I bought a new computer (an HP) -- I finally got fed up with the old one freezing and otherwise showing its age.  -- There's not room at this desk for two old things.  -- It's up and running but I still need to transfer the files from the old one to the new.  It'll be easy enough, but I need to borrow a monitor to hook up with the old computer.  (I didn't get a new monitor) -- And I just noticed an instruction to read the "Safety & Comfort Guide" in order to reduce the risk of serious injury while using the new keyboard.  Another unrecognized peril in modern life.  DA

No comments:

Post a Comment