Monday, November 8, 2010

Wait, wait - I'm thinking

What's new since Halloween?  Dennis and I enjoyed a fine dining experience last night at friend David M's house-sitting gig.  After driving up and up the winding road behind Scappoose we found the address and arrived in enough daylight to admire the fabulous house.  It's one of those sprawling hillside homes 3-4 years new with a circular gravel/paved entryway, carport, driveway winding around and under the house to the garage, windows, more windows, giant wood entry door, rain chains from the overhangs, etc.  Lovely, lovely.  So was the evening as we chatted and ate and caught up on the news - sitting around the dining room table next to the kitchen.  The kitchen is the hearth of the home and I like that even in a giant home we hang around the kitchen.  Some things do not change.
     November has arrived with its variable weather -70 and sunny two days and then heavy rain, sun and rainbows the next.  The vacation photos are hunkered down in a big dishpan waiting for me to put them in order.  As winter previews with the rainy weather reading becomes a bigger draw and the photos are still waiting.  Soon, real soon.  dw
   I concur with all of the above re: the house and evening.
   I've been working on a sculpture (painted steel) which is coming along nicely.  And I've been tuning up my bike.  I'm not very interested in the bike job, but it needs to be done, and I need to finish it so I can get back to exercising.  Cycling has replaced running as my preferred exercise although I consider it a mediocre substitute.   DA

No comments:

Post a Comment