Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Hallows Eve

   Dw got a phone call from Dennis S. earlier.  He said he had checked the blog to see if there was an up-date, which, at that time, there wasn't.  So I'm noting that I will almost always write the Sunday up-dates in the evening.  This practice will give me another day for something to actually happen. 
    On Friday I  went to the gym with grandson Josh.  I think in the future I'll have to insist that he stay at our house until I retire to bed.  That way he can carry me upstairs.  Boy howdy was I reminded that I've been sitting on my butt for nearly two months.   It's a win-win for both of us.  The young women will think it's sweet that's he's climbing with his granddad, and I'll have a young stud to tow me up climbs.
   Otherwise, dw and I played HalloweenScrooge this year.  Instead of doing candy we turned off the lights and went to Powells.  Bought a couple of books and then stopped at Widmer's (a brew pub -- for those who don't know) for dinner.  We aren't really that bad.  Last year we had fewer than ten kids ringing the door.  In this neighborhood all of the tricker-treaters are attracted to Portsmouth St. -- it crosses our street a few blocks to the east and there are five houses in near proximity that do elaborate Halloween decorations.  They draw all the local candy-hounds.  Driving home we passed one or two hundred people on Portsmouth.  That scene started twenty or more years ago with one house, and over the years their neighbors have joined in.  It's all very interesting, but better them than me.  DA

No comments:

Post a Comment