Sunday, March 25, 2012

dw here, dja on the sofa

Good Sunday morning to everyone. As you may remember dja has had a knee replacement as of Monday March 19 and a stellar experience it's been. Being the GudWif I channeled all of his anxiety so that dja was the epitome of calm. Really, it was almost unnatural (from my perspective anyway) but not unexpected. In spite of being warned from a well meaning friend about post op grumpiness in The Man, I've not seen it except once when waking up and perhaps too many people saying "how are you?"

He is doing exceptionally well and pretty much self care. Twice a day he does the prescribed exercises and I help with the lifting parts and can tell he's improved with each day. So have I as it's been a long time since I've done an arm curl and more than once in the beginning we've slowed for me. Now he's pretty much on his own. This is much less trauma than I was expecting as so far (knock on wood) all is going routinely. There was the temp scare the first night when he hit 101 and we diligently called the doc to report (as instructed on the handout) who said "nah, not to worry until it hits 102-103, do the incentive spirometer and call me in the morning". No aspirin, though, he was already taking it. Dja topped out at 102.4 during the night and came down to 99 during the day. Reported that all was well to the drs. office. Deja-vu the next night as he went over 101 - guess he's just a hot-toddy at night. The night temp spikes have apparently stopped.  Sooooooo, the cell phone is readily available for safety and social interaction. Hmmmmm - works too as I just called him.

That's my update and I'm sticking to it. For those interested, dja has finished Bossy Pants by Tina Fey and found it okay, so-so, not stunning. I listened to half of the audiobook read by Tina Fey while in WI. and enjoyed hearing it, then didn't finish the book. Currently on the top of the pile is Quantum Man by Lawrence M. Krauss about Richard Feynman's life in science. (Can you hear me snoring? My current book is Detective Inspector Huss by Helene Tursten (Sweden's Prime Suspect) and full of mouth tangling place names and action! Will turn this over to dja for a proofing and editing and then post. Later, dw

No comments:

Post a Comment