Monday, January 10, 2011

Tomorrow is 1/11/11

   My heart, even after the stents, still seems to be a bit wonky, so I'm going in for another nuclear perfusion stress test (on Friday).  The doctor was largely non-committal about what the test might show.  It's annoying.  I had expected much better results from the angiogram and all the attendant stuff. 
   Otherwise:  I finished the painting I had been working on.  It turned out to be merely adequate, but still a large improvement over what it was.  I'm resisting the urge to start another project in the garage. 
   Yesterday I went to a friend's to use his band-saw to re-saw some lumber for a new project (it's a chair).  But the saw was too dull to cut the boards (old cherry) -- the saw was too dull and the wood too hard.  Lacking an easy solution to a first-step problem, I won't start the chair and will finish something I've already started.  (everything unfinished is in a drudge-work stage,  the fun parts are all done).
    Finally, I'm going to try to adjust my bike wheel.  It's warped (a couple of spokes were loose and I over tightened them).  If I can't get it right (how hard can it be? -- I'll know in time for next week's post) , I'll take it in to a shop.  DA

     Bummer to all the above.  I've been on an organizing and purging binge - start of the New Year and all that - and it came to an abrupt stop once my motivators were gone i.e. coffee with the girls and delivery of the dresser.  Apparently I need new motivators like redecorating the entire second bedroom or at least repainting it.  Not a job I want to do because it means painting the woodwork.  Big Ick.  In the meantime I am looking forward to seeing family in Wis. Jan 18.  Please note I did not say I look forward to being in Wisconsin - a real winter state - here in Portland we can overreact to temps in the low 30's but that's a high in WI.  Hmmmmmm, will dig out the longjohns and hope for the best.  Later, dw

No comments:

Post a Comment