Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Day + 1

  Another New Year's Eve passed in our usual manner:  We stayed home, kept awake until midnight, wished each other a Happy New Year and went to bed.  I could put it down to old age, but as dw and I discussed that kind of excitement has been our norm -- separately and together -- for the last 30+ years.  Party Hardy! -- not so much.
   Since then dw has gotten busy organizing, straightening, and tossing in the spare bedroom.  I've been feeling sort of puny but I did go to the gym this morning and have been working on a painting.  Actually I'm re-painting something I did awhile ago -- It's not reasonable to expect a home run everytime I step up to the plate, but the piece I'm re-doing was a three strikes, error, and stumble walking back to the dugout -- all  on a 2'X2'  piece of canvas.  DA

  "Organizing, straightening and tossing"  Yes indeedy, I am starting out the New Year in my usual hyperorganized fashion.  Wish it would last through the year instead of a couple of crazy weeks in January.  It is also a chance to refine my stalling and delaying tactics as it can be challenging to "go through stuff" and make all the keep/toss decisions.  So I get a lot of things cleaned while not doing the organizing.  My reward is a new dresser due to arrive on Thursday and it will be fun putting things in it and fluffing it with pretty drawer liners.  So Martha Stewart, eh?  I admit to enjoying it for now.  Good thing I'm off work until Friday and can get a good start on the January Purge.  New Years Eve was underwhelming.  Went to work for an hour and came home risking being called back before the call people were on at 11pm.  Got to stay home and ring in the new year listening to other people's fireworks and wishing Dennis a Happy New Year.  And a Happy New Year to all our readers - hi Dennis and Dad!  dw

No comments:

Post a Comment