Sunday, January 16, 2011

More Active Than Normal

  I had the nuclear perfusion / stress test this week.  I haven't gotten the results yet, but unlike the first test no one seemed to be alarmed.  No "Quick, go lay down before you have a heart attack that we'll have to deal with!", or warnings about limiting my activity to washing dishes.  (As If, that's not my job.  I cook and shop)  
During the test, they inject some sort of radio-active stuff.  Take some pics -- do a tread-mill test -- inject more radio-active stuff -- take more pics.  Once again I forgot to take a whiz in the dark, hoping for some glow-in-the-dark action.  That would nearly make it all worth while. 
   I also fixed my bike wheel.  It went smoothly -- only taking 45 minutes and the result seems to be fine.  Probably not Tour d' France fine, but I'm not Tour d' France fine either.  Good reasons to keep the couch weighted down are fading away.
   I finished another painting -- maybe.  I haven't decided about it.  It might need more work but I'm not sure exactly what.  I'm trying to do some abstract paintings -- something I've not done much of --  and the results can be mixed. 
   And finally, I talked with my college friend Jim C.  -- The one who had some sort of brain event resulting in some memory loss, and continuing short term memory problems.  He sounds great (he's a pro voice-over / actor guy so he should sound great) but he clearly has problems -- although he's back living in his own apartment.  (For a couple of months he was staying with a friend) -- As Betty Davis (?) said:  "Aging isn't for cowards" -- Although I feel like I'm 30 or so.  Looking in a mirror is always a surprise -- And pictures -- "Oh my god -- Who is that old fart?"   DA

Yeah, yeah, I figured the stress test would be fine - I think it's the meds causing continued problems but it's not my heart so who am I to say.  Promised Steve a mention in the blog.  We spoke on the telephone today and he admitted not reading the blog figuring (and probably rightly so) that the main action has come and gone as the blog is called "D and D on the Road" and we are not.  I reminded him of our innate wit over lifes' daily amusements but I don't think he was convinced.  Lacking a witticism I will end... dw

Wait, wait, I just thought of a witticism!  We may not be on the asphalt road but aren't we "On The Road of Life"?  Ewwww, too cute, eh?  Just a thought.  dw

No comments:

Post a Comment