Saturday, June 4, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

   Or at least we're pretending it has.  We put the ceiling fans on the summer setting, took down the storm windows from the two garden windows and put away the two draft-blocking door snakes.  Just a couple of days ago I was wearing my hoodie and waiting out a hail storm.  We're probably optimistic but so it goes. 
   I noted that Disney dropped it's attempt to copyright "seal team 6".  While we decided to stay away from current events in this blog, I must say I'm disappointed with Disney.  I was looking forward to:  "Seal Team 6!!! -- The Movie".   With a raccoon, tiger cub and obese panda singing Kabumba Ciabatta, and dancing through a desert on their way to rescue a nubile (but virginal!!) young girl, trapped in the clutches of a bearded beturbaned villain.    At the last moment a group of seals (Navy Seals -- get it?) would flop in -- honking horns and balancing balls on their noses -- and with the help of a squeaking rodent -- rescue the maiden.  Disney fails it's audience.
   I'm reading "Bobby Fischer Goes To War" (Edmonds and Eidinow) -- a very interesting book except this copy (from the library) has been heavily marked up with a yellow hi-lite pen.  I'm skipping about half of the book since I can't stand to read the marked parts.  I'd like to find the person who did it and give him the book.  Put it where the moon don't shine.  I have "Molloy, Malone Dies, and The Unnamable"  (all three by Beckett) waiting in the wings. 
   Finally, we watched "Trailer Park Boys", a CBC sit-com that is, in it's own way, a profoundly weird show.  And "Schultze Gets The Blues" a different but entertaining German film about an accordion player.  DA
   P.S.  dw just asked me what "seal team 6" referred to.  It's the name of the group that took out Osama bin Laden.  With typical taste, Disney wanted the exclusive right to market "team 6" burgers and bobble-head dolls.  DA

No comments:

Post a Comment