Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Feet

   I bought a new pair of walking (running, except I don't run any more) shoes.  New Balance, for anyone who's keeping score.  I don't mind naming the shoe since it makes no difference at all.  The different brands are all equal with some variation in how they look.  Buy what feels good.  New Balance shoes are usually a bit wider than other brands so that's what I wear.  The model I got is the same as my last two pairs, so I bought a second pair -- figuring that N.B. is due to discontinue the shoe.  And now my feet are very happy.  So happy I considered posting a picture of myself dancing in my new shoes -- Then I decided that no one wants to see that.  Including me.  Instead of a photo just imagine my feet covered with felt pen smiley-faces.  My new shoes celebration was a five mile walk which went well if no faster than usual. 
  From several different people I heard that, in my last post, I may have offended people who want to have, have had or have an RV.  Oops. 
   Books:  Just one this time.  "Beau Geste" (Percival Christopher Wren)  I don't think I've ever read the book and I only vaguely remember the movie.  I'm surprised that the book is a "locked room" mystery (Three Cheers for Ft. Zinderneuf!!) with a missing Sapphire thrown in for good measure.  I had thought it would be a Boys' Own Adventure sort of novel but it's a mildly interesting novel for grownups.  Who knew.  DA

1 comment:

  1. B.G was filmed in 1939 with Gary Cooper, Ray Milland and Brian Donlevy.

    And P C Wren wrote lots more stirring yarns in the same vein: Beau Ideal, Beau Sabreur, etc

    ReplyDelete