Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

   Usually not a big ticket manufactured event at chez DA@dw.  And it wasn't this year.  dw worked yesterday, so the festivities were limited to her gift to me of a selection of small bags of flavored chips and a few other samples of junk food-type stuff.  It was great and I quickly inhaled it all.  I got dw some flowers and four pieces of nice chocolate.  (cards from both to both).  Today we went out to dinner at a neighborhood fish restaurant (The Fishwife).  We both got fish & chips and a beer.  Nothing fancy about the place but the food was moderately priced and good, if not worth driving any distance for.   We got a card from Laurie L. which was a pleasant surprise
   As a new feature (I'm getting a little desperate):  I've just started reading "The Letters of the Younger Pliny" which I'm hoping will be as entertaining as Tacitus.  And I just finished reading  "The Golden Ratio" -- "the story of phi, the world's most astonishing number"   If I continue with this feature I suspect I'll only note the
a-list books.  The "well, isn't that special"  sort of book.  DA

     Yeah, yeah, yeah, high brow reading.  I don't even know who Tacitus is!.  I'm reading 'Blacklist' by Sarah Paretsky - a stunning achievement from one of the most compelling writers in American crime.  It says so right there on the back cover so it must be true.  Beats the ACLS manual (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) which I renew certification of on Thursday and have been spending every day since NOT studying or preparing.  Procrastination is my new mantra - maybe I should try reading Young Pliny.  It's got to be better than reading how to do rescue breathing?  Dinner was fried fish and fried chips and creamy tartar sauce and cole slaw.  Delish.  Chocolates for dessert.  Have a great day.  dw
  

No comments:

Post a Comment