Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Is Nigh

   We just finished dinner -- a vegan variation on a Moroccan carrot dish we had at Patrilary's.  Since my heart annoyance stuff has happened I try to cook vegetarian  several times a week.  This particular meal was entirely edible, but not a taste treat.  It really needed sausage.  We also just finished watching Green Bay lose to New England -- it was a close game but Cheeseheads everywhere are now broken-hearted. 
   dw is getting close to completing the Christmas decorations.  Again the main motif is kirigami but the installations are smaller this year than last, and are mainly confined to the living room.  As always I am firm with my moral support. 
   Yesterday dw had a small luncheon with three friends (Larissa, Mary, and Laura)  Everyone seemed to have a nice time -- dw also did the menu planning and prep -- I watched --  .  I visited with everyone long enough to be polite and then retired to the study to write all of my X-mas cards.  This year I'm a bit earlier than normal with the cards .  I write at least a brief note in most of the cards (and I didn't exactly practice due diligence)  so I didn't finish the cards until everyone was leaving -- (that wasn't intentional).
   And today I went to the rock gym with John and Bob.  dw met with Kate (John's wife) and they had coffee while we climbed.  I rode with dw in her car to the gym, and then rode my bike back to the house.  An easier workout for me, just riding one way.  I was unenthused exercisewise so I only did one hard climb along with 6 or 7 easier ones.  And was leisurely on the bike ride home.  Better than nothing.  DA

No comments:

Post a Comment