Thursday, May 16, 2013

Starting Again

   This is merely a test to see if this program is working. I got a new web site awhile ago, but I haven't been able to get it started. I got it mostly designed but have ran into a glitch and I don't have the time (or patience) to put it online right now. Instead I'll be using this program for our upcoming trip (hiking across the Grand Canyon).
   This particular entry is a test to see if this program is working well enough for me to use.

   I referred to the photo some time ago. It's the interior of Halibuts on Alberta street. They play blues (live on the weekends) and have some of the best fish & chips in Portland. I wrote of them before but couldn't get the picture to load.
 
These things are nearly life size, and oddly, I saw them when they were for sale -- before they made it into Halibuts. I dearly wanted to buy them but I couldn't think of any place to put them  -- except in the middle of the living room, or grouped around our dining room table. The same store (now closed) that carried these things also had a life sized statue of John Wayne (as a cowboy), a couple of Roman soldiers, a Nubian serving wench, and a bunch of other amazing crap. It was difficult to avoid spending my fortune in the place.
 
 (sidebar: since all restaurants and bars in Portland are non-smoking, none of the three are holding cigarettes -- notice Frank's left hand -- you can get beer at Halibut's so I don't know why the three jerks aren't holding drinks -- Frank's right hand)        
 
 Since this program is working well enough to tolerate, I'll be using it for a few posts. 
 
Before we leave on our trip, I'll try to write a catch-up post, but this will do for now.       DJA

No comments:

Post a Comment